McGuff Compounding Pharmacy Services, Inc.
When you visit our web site, we collect no information about you, unless you choose to provide information to us.
We automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- the name of the domain you use to access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are using an America Online account, or stanford.edu, if you are connecting from Stanford University's domain);
- the date and time of your visit;
- the pages you visited; and
- the Internet address of the web site from which you direct-linked to our site.
We use this information to measure the number of visitors to the various sections of our site and to help us make our site more useful to visitors. Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, no additional information will be collected about you
You do not have to give us personal information to visit our web sites.
If you choose to provide us with additional information about yourself through an e-mail message, form, survey, electronic commerce transactions, etc., we will only maintain the information as long as needed to respond to your question or to fulfill the stated purpose of the communication unless otherwise indicated by yourself.
However, all communications addressed to the McGuff Company are maintained, as required by law, for historical purposes. These communications are archived, but are also protected by the Privacy Act which restricts our use of them, yet permits certain disclosures.
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
McGuff Compounding Pharmacy Services, Inc. is not covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) because we do not bill insurance companies. However, we do agree that patient information should be protected.
We want patients to know that we protect patient information, and we will not use or disclose an individual patient’s health information except for treatment, payment, or regular health care operations.
Patients have the right to view their record and request for changes to be made. We will make this information available to patients or deny this information within 5 days after receiving the request. If we deny the request, we will explain the denial and describe the process to appeal the denial.
Patients have a right to ask for an accounting of every disclosure of their patient history information that is not related to treatment, payment, or health care operations or not specifically excluded by HIPAA. McGuff Compounding Pharmacy Services, Inc. does not disclose any patient history information that is not related to treatment, payment, or health care operations or not specifically excluded by HIPAA.
Patients have the right to complain to the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services.
Any question and/or complaints should be referred to these persons:
William Blair, Pharm.D. Telephone 877-444-1133
Doug Tran, Pharm.D. Telephone 877-444-1133
Both can be reached at:
McGuff Compounding Pharmacy Services, Inc.
2921 W. MacArthur Blvd., Suite 142
Santa Ana, California 9270
- Patients picking up their prescriptions
- Patients, relatives, or friends may pick up medications.
- A private area will used to counsel our patients.
- If a relative or friend picks up the medication, the pharmacist will use his/her professional judgment and disclose only pertinent and relevant information. The relative or friend will be told that the patient is encouraged to call and speak directly with a pharmacist if the patient has any questions.
- Phone consultations
- Phone consultations will be conducted where no other patient may overhear conversations.
- Patients may request that no information be given to anyone other than himself/herself. McGuff Compounding Pharmacy Services, Inc. will comply with that request. E.g. If a patient has so requested, the patient’s spouse, other relative, or friend will be given no information.
Requests for year-end reports for income tax purposes will be furnished to patients when requested in writing by the patient.
- The request must be signed by the patient.
- In those instances where the patient’s relative or caregiver is requesting this information instead of the patient, a written request with the signature of the patient’s legal guardian must be presented.
McGuff Compounding Pharmacy Services, Inc. employees do not disclose more than the “minimum amount of information necessary” to other health care providers to accomplish a particular purpose.
For example, if a Doctor calls and asks for the medications his/her patient is receiving from us, we would consider that a reasonable request and provide that information. However, we will not give additional information that may be personal such as method of payment.
Payment, and Health Care Operation.
HIPAA requires all health care providers to obtain patient authorization before use or disclosure of Protected Health Information that does not involve treatment, payment, or health care operations.
McGuff Compounding Pharmacy Services, Inc. employees do not use or disclose Protected Health Information except when that Protected Health Information involves treatment, payment, or health care operations.
McGuff McGuff Compounding Pharmacy Services, Inc. prohibits marketing of Patient Information.
McGuff Company does not disclose, give, sell or transfer any personal information about our visitors, unless required for law enforcement or statute.
This site is maintained by McGuff Company Inc. - It is protected by various provisions of Title 18, U.S. Code. Violations of Title 18 are subject to criminal prosecution in federal court.
For site security purposes, personal information purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, we employ software programs to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. In the event of authorized law enforcement investigations, and pursuant to any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual.
Thank you for choosing the McGuff Compounding Pharmacy!